South Wales Junior Cricket
Under 10 League
Cup Competition Rules
These rules are applicable to all Cup Competitions run under the
auspices of the South Wales Junior Cricket League.
- Clubs wishing to participate in any of the Cup Competitions must inform
the Assistant Secretary in writing by the 31st January each year.
- Matches are to be played on specified dates - a number of which will be
allocated within a period of one week. Where matches are not played due to
adverse weather or ground conditions they must be re-scheduled within two
weeks. In the event of prolonged inclement weather the Hon. Assistant
Secretary will have responsibility for varying these.
- In the event of clubs failing to agree upon a date then it is the
responsibility of the home club to offer a minimum of two dates one of which
the opposing club must accept. The failure of either club to confirm to this
rule will result in the forfeiture of the tie.
- In the event of inclement weather or adverse ground conditions, the home
side must notify the opposition's Junior Organiser of cancellation, at least
one hour before the scheduled commencement of play. Failure to do so, later
cancellation, or abandonment of the match, will result in home advantage
passing to the opposition for whom Rule 3 will then apply.
- It is the responsibility of the winning team to notify the Hon.
Assistant Secretary of the match result. This must be done in writing on an
official result card signed by the junior organiser of both clubs, no
later than 4 days after the closing date of the relevant round. Failure to
do so will result in a fine of £5, and could result in the presumption that
the tie has not been played, any result declared null and void, and the
winners will be decided by the toss of a coin, conducted by two or more
officials of the League.
- In the event of any dispute involving communications between clubs, it
will be held that the side with home advantage is wholly responsible
for initiating match arrangements.
- Each club is to provide an adult umpire (over 18 years of age), and
scorer, for each match. The League will provide two umpires for the Final,
who are to be made fully aware of the rules relating to the S.W.J.C.L. for
that match. This is to be the responsibility of the League Official
delegated to the particular game.
- If any match ends with the scores of both sides level, then the side which
has taken the greater number of wickets shall be deemed the winner. If the
number of wickets are equal, then the side whose total contains the least
extras wins. If still equal then the match must be replayed.
- Any Junior will only be allowed to play for one club in any K.O. Cup
Competition in the same season.
To see the rules for each individual competition click on the following
Under 13 League
Under 15 League
Under 17 League
Go To: Top of Page